Women in Governance is expanding its Mentoring program!
Offered exclusively to high-level executive women for the past 5 years, the Mentoring program is now also open to all professional women.
OBJECTIVES AND PROCESS
Women in Governance aims to help organizations increase the representation of women in areas where they have historically been under-represented and in senior management positions, thereby creating a female talent pool. This Mentoring program now supports a wider circle of women professionals and executives, and is designed to train and equip women to prepare them for the next steps in their careers. Offered virtually to meet our new reality, Women in Governance’s program continues to support women in their personal development and career journey.
The Mentoring program is offered over a period of 12 months and delivers our commitment to foster learning and build confidence for women to take their careers to the next level. Mentees are offered opportunities to learn from experienced mentors, develop their expertise, and to gain access to an influential group of women, often at senior levels, as a support network. In exchange, mentors provide mentees with valuable guidance, expertise, and tools to help mentees succeed in their professional careers.
Women in Governance’s Mentoring program was carefully curated by a strategic committee, equipped with leaders and professionals with extensive experience in their fields and roles. By applying our mentoring best practices, the mentee is empowered to set personal development goals and steer the mentor-mentee relationship to help reach her goals and succeed in her career.
Women in Governance’s Mentoring program is offered to women in both executive and professional levels to help them advance in their careers.
The program includes:
- Pairing mentor & mentees;
- Coaching of mentors and mentees
- Training on developing best practices for successful mentor and mentee relationship;
- Training workshops
- Platform for sharing tools
- Unlimited access to numerous online resources;
- Virtual meetings of approximately 1.5 hours every 6/8 weeks with high-level mentors. (To be determined with the mentor.)
Each mentor adopts an approach based on reflective thinking: instead of sharing his or her experience and telling the mentee what to do in a situation, the mentor asks questions to get the mentee to think for herself and to build confidence and motivation to reach her own conclusions.
Women in Governance’s Mentoring program is offered to women, whether executive or professional, to help them in their ascension.
The mentees for the Executive program hold Vice President and first Director positions and the mentees for our Professional program hold Director positions, and are members of the Professional orders such as: Lawyers, Engineers, Accountants etc.
Benefits for the mentee:
- Boost your career;
- Improve your confidence;
- Get personalized one-on-one coaching;
- Exposure to new approaches and perspectives;
- Development of new skill sets;
- Development of a new professional network;
- Build lasting professional relationships;
- Improved chances of success.
The mentors for the Executive program hold CEO, Executive VP, Chairman or Chairwomen positions and the mentors for our Professional program hold Vice president and first director positions.
Benefits for the mentor:
- Become recognized as an expert in your field;
- Coach the next generation of leading women;
- Share knowledge and sound advice;
- Play an active role in advancing women in their careers;
- Build your credibility as a leader in diversity and inclusion.
RESEARCH SHOWS THAT 88% OF PEOPLE WHO RECEIVE MENTORING ARE SUCCESSFUL IN BUSINESS, COMPARED TO ONLY 50% OF THOSE WHO DO NOT. MENTORING IS ABOUT LEARNING FROM THE EXPERIENCE OF OTHERS IN A STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL RELATIONSHIP, FREE OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST.
– Sourced by Status of Women Canada
Program for Executives – Regular Pricing: $1,550
Program for Professionals – Regular Pricing: $995
15% discount for any subscription made before August 15, 2020.
20% discount for employees who are part of a Parity certified organization.
We invite you to submit your application now!
For any questions – Please contact us at email@example.com
Five cohorts from 2015 to 2020